Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva: We have detected that your eBay token is invalid"

I am not sure who the
quote:
All right people. Play nice.
is meant for. However, I find it condescending to any seller who has had a big issue or any of us. We are not 3 year old children and you the parent (although you may be older and wiser who knows). I believe the forums are to speak your mind just as has been done.

quote:
Employees of Auctiva are NOT the bad guys (and gals)

I do not believe anyone said auctiva employees were the "bad guys" and not sure where you saw that? Sorry if one interpreted my note as saying auctiva employees where the BAD GUYS and GALS but that was that persons interpretation not what was written.

In all honesty we do not KNOW the BAD guys, DO we? Therefore, we have to look at all possibilities and that is one of many that can be thrown out here. Just as their are unscrupulous sellers, buyers, bankers, car dealers, preachers, postal workers, etc., there are that type of people in any business. I do find the radar up on businesses that outsource their customer service that have my information. Sorry, but after my extensive conversation with bank, I have radar up even more now than ever before.

As far as clicking links.. unfortunately, ebay sends notifications with links that are not in our messages all the time. (i.e., item watched reminders, saved watch reminders, daily deals and quite a few others). Yes, possibly we should not click on those, but most people do. How else would you get your saved searches to come up other than doing a search on each item each day?

Other companies send emails with links, how in the world do you have time to check out each company that provides links? Just as the links here on forums, I rarely hesitate to click on those (some I do think twice and do not click). That is how most of us bring business to our site is by including links, so am not sure this NEVER EVER CLICK ON LINK is feasible really.

As far as auctiva, their support questions are responded to with link to their site. Possibly if this is problem they should NOT put the link in their email and just put that they have responded to log into auctiva and check support case? Or perhaps something in place where if token needs updating the person is just told to go to their site and no link in there. Perhaps a NO LINK policy just an email informing person to log in to their auctiva account direct when they get to log in page a note saying you need to do whatever____ or your support case has been answered???

I do not know solution, but know it was very real problem to womandi and itsjustme and auctiva has not addressed on forum since asking that note be sent to them. . so does make one wonder. . .seems like a note of reassurance would be helpful here.

Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.