Skip to main content

Reply to "Auto Feedback is obsolete"

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Bottom Galaxy:
Well from my understanding, Auctiva's auto feedback will only send Positive Feedback to the buyer once they leave Positive to the seller. So would that not be the same as 'auto feedback' for after payment is received? I guess I don't fully understand what you mean.

Auctiva states: "Enable Auto Feedback: When enabled, a positive feedback message will automatically be sent to the buyer after you receive a positive feedback message from them. Neutral and negative feedback await follow-up on an individual basis."

However, since sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers now, I think auto feedback should be changed (or at least amended) to have the option of leaving positive feedback immediately after payment is received. I personally see no point in waiting to leave feedback with the new policy change. I'll just leave feedback immediately for the buyer. I can see how some sellers might choose to leave no feedback in lieu of negative feedback, however.

quote:
Originally posted by Simple-Cinema:
This is ridiculous!!! Why would eBay do this? It's not fair to sellers at all. If a buyer decides they aren't happy with an item and they don't contact the seller before leaving feedback, (as 90% of unhappy buyers do), the seller is screwed. We'll see a lot more suspended sellers VERY soon because of their ratings. They added other "incentives" to make the changes look better. This one decision may be the downfall of eBay IMO.

That goes both ways however. The old feedback policy protected bad sellers as much as honest sellers. The new policy shifts more protection towards the buyers (both honest and dishonest). I wouldn't worry about your rating though, every seller's rating is going to drop somewhat, not just yours. Since it will affect everyone to some extent, honest sellers like yourself will still do just as much business as before.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.