Skip to main content

Reply to "Auto Feedback is obsolete"

quote:
Anyone else agree?

We'll need to change our feedback. The logical choice would be to auto positive the buyer upon payment. I think that creates the most goodwill and will lead to a happier customer, thus higher DSR's, and thus lower fees and more goodies for you from eBay if you qualify.

Granted I'm nowhere near the seller anyone here is but I've sold around 400 items over the years and almost always left the positive upon receiving payment. I know it won't be a popular opinion but I've thought that's how it should be all along and was secretly hoping for this change at the seller summit in D.C. which I got back from earlier this week.

Retaliatory feedback turns off buyers and makes them not want to buy on eBay. In the past few years sellers were doing it at a rate 8x more than buyers. So while buyers do it too sellers did it more. The result being that neither left any feedback except positives. Buyers then have a harder time telling a really good seller from a really average seller and their buying experience suffers. I think Auctiva sellers are the really great sellers and I think you guys will see the most benefit from this.

Of course eBay needs to follow through on their promise to be more proactive in removing unwarranted negs left by buyers now. I hope they will.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.