Skip to main content

Reply to "Auto Feedback is obsolete"

quote:
Horrible sellers with ridiculously high feedback ratings, and an entire generation of buyers that were "turned off" from ebay because of 1 bad transaction.

See, this is what I find REALLY hard to believe, JMHO...I think people are a little more thick skinned than THAT...I don't believe this statement for a minute.

Most of the time, an uniformed new buyer doesn't know that they can file a dispute/claim if something goes wrong...Ebay's boards are filled with questions from buyers who've had a bad transaction and are asking about leaving negative FB, rather than concentrate on trying to recoup their money. Now that's just ridiculous. People just want to just jump the gun when handing out negs. Newbies think that FB is supposed to be used for communication, so rather than contact their seller directly, they leave a neutral or a neg.

Like I said, I have been very lucky with my buyers, but this stuff does happen, I see it all the time. Hypothetical Scenario: What am I supposed to do with the buyer who wears and ruins my NWT item that she paid over $50 for, files a SNAD with PP, and I have to refund? And to top it off I can't even leave a neg ??
This whole change is WRONG on so many levels...I'm a good seller and I resent being lumped in with the scum..JMHO.

EDIT - Don't forget, as a BUYER people can see retaliation for what it is. Negs like that don't really hurt buyers at all. I have 4 buying ID's and almost every one of them has a retalitory neg. It hasn't hurt my ability to buy one bit. These were really horrible transactions, and I left the neg first (no caps, no name calling, just a short explanation of the problem). The negs I got in return were hysterical, screaming caps etc. They actually made me laugh and I never thought about not buying anymore..Anyone in their right mind could see this for what it was. As a buyer I'm not concerened with FB, but as a seller it's a different story. It's my RIGHT to give an honest opinion of the non payer or the scammer or whatever, if I so choose.
Last edited by member8880
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.