Skip to main content

Reply to "Auto Feedback is obsolete"

quote:
Ok we know where you stand
I'm on the side of sellers making more money, and I think this does it.

I think the problem is that you only have 1 negative in over 1500+ feedbacks. You're probably going to get more negatives. But at least the score will mean something now. What you have now is a combination of happy buyers and those afraid to leave you a negative in fear you'd leave one back, an artificial 99.9%. And buyers know it, if they are like me they probably figure you are closer to 99%.
quote:
The result? Horrible sellers with ridiculously high feedback ratings, and an entire generation of buyers that were "turned off" from ebay because of 1 bad transaction.

I normally multiply a sellers negatives by 10. So if they have a 98% rate. I really figure they hare more near a 90% rate. You have a 99.9%. I figure that's more like 99%. Still 99% is much better than a 90%. Those types of sellers will be gone in the new system and your rating will be about as good as it gets. And if it's higher than 99% then it will really mean it this time. Buyers knowing that will have more confidence in eBay, spend more, bid higher, come back more to purchase, etc. You'll have a 99% the guy that had a 98% will have a 90% and be gone and more sales and higher prices for you.

I think sellers with near perfect feedback such as yourself probably are extorted for feedback more frequently. eBay has said they will police this more vigilantly going forward and if you are extorted they will remove a buyers negative. They will also remove negatives from those kicked off eBay, even if it's months or years later. Eventually bad buyers will be caught up with and kicked off and when that happens all their negs they left sellers goes with them.

quote:
I don't think the sellers on this forum have anything to worry about. The few bad apples that would abuse the system are vastly outnumbered by good, honest buyers. The people who should really be worried are the bad sellers: the scammers, the counterfeiters, and those who charge $20 shipping for $.99 items. They are the ones who will be affected, not you guys. In the long run, I think sellers will benefit greatly from the new policy. More buyers = more business = more money to ebay and sellers.

Well said, my thoughts exactly.
Last edited by auctivajeff
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.