Skip to main content

Reply to "Auto Feedback is obsolete"

Jeff. Fees and increases are a fact of life and as you can see from my profile etc that in fact for most of my current items in the UK the fees rise will not affect me much if at all. (For other readers the fee changes are structured different in the UK to USA AND we still have to pay for gallery).

But for higher value items which I will be listing again shortly yes they do bother me to the tune of an extra 70p per item listed at 99p and even selling for only £29.99, and even more to the greedbay coffers for higher value sales.

Although extremely irritating considering how much they sting us over here, with their fantasy exchange rate of 1 penny GBP = 1 cent USD, the feedback system maiming is an easy option for greedbay and is potentially more harmful when you consider how quick they are to condemn and pull you for what ever reason. The seller is guilty until proven innocent.

The system used on Amazon market place cannot be upheld as others seem to do as a comparison to the greedbay venue, they are quite different when it comes to the buyer seller relationship.

I have worked hard to get my profile where it is and the only negative I had was with a rash bidder who overbid on a damaged toy (listed as damaged) and then wanted a partial refund, dialogue was fruitless and in the end I considered it best to stand firm and lose my ebay profile virginity so it could no longer be held over my head like a sword. That was when I had a profile of about 50 as a seller, nearly 1500 positives ago.

So yes, let's have all buyers with positives, so we the sellers cannot block in advance troublesome timewasters so why bother with the feedback anyway. Seems little point in me worrying about leaving it to buyers in future.

So I am disgusted, and will be moving away as soon as is economically possible.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.