Skip to main content

Reply to "being booted out"

The new editor is a piece of rubbish as far as I'm concerned. I don't get booted off when I use it, but I do have a windows "find in this page" thingy open up at least once every time I try to write or edit a description. Needless to say I don't try to "find" anything on purpose - it just opens it up on its own. The new editor also bounces my cursor all over the page - on its own. I'll be typing away and suddenly my cursor is now in the browser address window or in another part of the description. What's up with that??

I've also noticed that since the new editor, the listing description pages load much MUCH more slowly and often hang up not just auctiva but also any other browser page I might have open, such as for research on the item I'm trying to write the description for. As a result of these problems it probably takes me 3 to 4 times as long to write a description than it did with the old editor.

The new editor is very buggy and obviously causing people a lot of problems. The old one worked PERFECTLY for me and did everything I wanted it to - quickly and easily - and apparently a lot of other people feel the same way. Why was the old one (that worked) changed to the new one (that doesn't)?

To Auctiva, I would say that like any other community forum, relatively few people who are experiencing a problem actually post about the problem, so saying that the problem only affects those few would a wildly inaccurate assumption. A certain percentage of users just don't post on a forum no matter what. Another percentage of people (larger than you would think) don't even know the forum EXISTS, so they sure don't post. Another percentage of users don't understand how to post on a forum even if they do realize that it exists and they would like to point out their issues. And another (perhaps even larger) percentage of users will encounter problems and as a result just use another site to do their work, never mentioning the nature or even the existence of their problems to anyone. It's not worth it to them to post about a problem because there are other options available that DO work properly. So don't be misled if you see only a relatively small number of users complaining about any particular issue - there are more people having difficulties than you think.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.