Skip to main content

Reply to "Bought domain name from Auctiva"

An advantage of having a domain name is you can direct potential buyers from anywhere on the net because search engines will eventually add your name to their databases.

Yes this is why I purchased a domain name. Also because I can also obtain up to 75% off of my final sales fees for generating people to my site other than through Ebay.

The actual domain name should reflect your wares and so also attract attention.

Done that.

However your items for sale will be on eBay and people can then arrive via an internet search to your Auctiva shop which looks all professional. They can then peruse your stock as though you had an eBay gallery picture attached to each of your listings. (To see pictures in your eBay shop list would require a gallery picture which requires a fee).

I know it will direct me to either my ebay or Auctiva store.
Ok, here is what I am getting at. Where is the professional looking templates for the Auctiva store fronts if they are indeed more professional than Ebays? It cost one cent per gallery picture through ebay. So is this what is the difference between Ebay and Auctivas store fronts, the gallery?

Whether you use Auctiva's or eBay's checkout etc depends on personal preference, at present I use eBay's as it seems a lot of the extras from Auctiva are to do with postage and insurance which are not suitable/available for UK based sellers.

I use Ebays check out. I had problems with Auctivas checkout.

Directed through Auctiva or not, well if the listings are being created on Auctiva why not ?

Because I do not think they have as many choices of store fronts to pick from and customize as ebay, FROM WHAT I CAN SEE. Is there more than just the 8 templates?????? LOL

Remember what I said about quality of the listings, so many seem to get hung up on having flashy shop fronts

Understandable, but why not have a flashy store front? If you can. Thats what I am trying to find. To me first impressions are lasting impressions. I LOVE Auctivas listing pages. They are Fabulous compared to Ebay IMHO. Actually I am trying to find a store front that jives with what I am doing and what my husband will be doing on his as well.

Thanks again Choo. Someday I will probbly look back and laugh at why I am asking such silly questions once i more familiarized with all this. And your answer is YES, I drive my husband crazy. Big Grin

I am sure I will find the answers in my research. Thanks so much for your help Choo!
Last edited by angelsattics
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.