Skip to main content

Reply to "Boycott, How assinine."

Greetings all

Well we have been into this boycott thing now for a few days. I am surprised that it is having some effect. The media attraction is the driving force I do believe. Listings are down apprioxmately 2 million so that is a loss of insertion fees and final value fees. However, what I find interesting is how Wall Street is reacting as the stock moves towards record lows combined with reports that share holders are concerned about Donahoe's ability to run the Company and he isn't even officially the Ceo yet.

Now I understand a second boycott is in the works which is unprecidented. The D-man is trying to put positive spins on everything to cover the reality that sellers are upset mostly not because of fee increases but the loss of Feedback ability; especialy at a time when Buyer Feedback exhortion is on the rise. The 20 cent fee listing day was an example of this spin to inflate the listing numbers.

Sure you are going to have this in the real world too, but it is part of doing business. If there is a second boycott I do hope that it is well organized becuase unless it is it may still mean loss revenues to sellers like myself who are over a barrel due to the speciality of what we sell. I may need to look at expanding my product lines while keeping the speciality products at the core. At least that will give me mulitiple venues to average out my costs.

Well I am rambling now

Burly
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.