Skip to main content

Reply to "BTPS Questions re: Bidpay/Paypal"

Hi guys. I just want to make a comment. I have always taken paypal for International bidders. I do ALOT of International business. So much that Bill goes to the post office daily. About 50% of his site's sales are International & a LARGE portion of mine is Canada & UK (I'm not sure how much, but I know it is alot).

I have only ever had 3 issues in years. I did have an id with thousands of transactions in addition to attire & onestopjock. Most people don't leave feedback on Bill's id due to the nature of the items. But, I assure you that if you sell clothing & require something other than paypal, you are hurting your sales. In the situation with the 3 International issues, 2 of the 3 arrived & I provided paypal with the info & the buyers repaid me.

Also, the post office CAN track your items if you do a couple things. You have to allow at least 6 weeks, or maybe 8 depending on the customs in that country. But, if you take your receipt from the desk clerk at the post office & file a form, they will locate the package. They did find a package once when Bill went thru the process. Seems the po attempted delivery & the buyer wasn't home, so the package sat in customs where it would have sat for a long time. A simple call on the buyer's end with the customs claim number would have found it, but they didn't do it. Paypal took the customs number & scanned receipt as proof of mailing before.

Do not let paypal's policy about International bidders scare you from allowing paypal. I have found in my thousands of tracnsactions Internationally, I have had great success with them arriving.

Hope that info helps some. Good to see BTPS & Donna post.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.