Skip to main content

Reply to "Bulk Live Edit Help"

Well.. I don't know if problems connected. But I am having issue in SELLER DETAILS payment, shipping, etc., section. After 55 notes back & forth to HElp here is last of what I was told (also went on live for 2 hours trying to find out problem). this is after days and hours of trying to fix. Here is quote from HELP.

quote:
Hello again. When I mention "formatting", I am referring to the HTML code behind your description. When you create and format descriptions through any editor, including the Auctiva editor, HTML code is added behind the scenes that make your description text show up the way it does. The main thing that causes the “find and replace” command not to work is if there are HTML commands in the middle of the text that you are trying to replace.

If you type a line of text and choose a certain font and size, the HTML code that dictates the font and size should be at the beginning and end of that line of text. Since the line of text is intact in that case, the “find and replace” tool should be able to find it in the description HTML and be able to replace it.

However, if you specify different fonts or styles in a certain line of text, there are inevitably going to be HTML commands within the line of text and you would not be able to do a “find and replace” command for the whole line. Creating double spaces in your description can also create a “ ” tag in the underlying HTML and that will cause the “find and replace” tool not to work either.

Here is summary of I wrote back and have not received response since Friday:

Thanks.. after looking at my listings, very few should have HTML different in different lines of text. Most have same line, font, color, etc., in the payments section.. same in shipping, etc., each paragraph is single spaced?

What exactly do I need to do or not do so I do not go through this HELL again if ebay has more changes later. I want to be able to make them. Whatever I did I do not think happened above the PAYMENTS, as I can get text off the ones of those I tried. So problem appears from PAYMENTS down IN SELLER DETAILS AREA.

I still do not realize why it would be expected that this was an ebay issue and was sent to them to deal with it. Ebay says turbo (AUTIVA SAID TO TRY TO DO IN TURBO) will not fix a problem within auctiva formatting. So solutions are to waste my money ending all listings and fixing, which I have already ended some and HOPE that works.. or hand do each one which will cost even more money because time is money and I have lost 3 days dealing with this, when I do not feel I created this issue. If it is lister created, it is a glitch that auctiva should possibly consider closing so others do not go through this.

Please tell me in detail how to avoid this in the future as I do not want to spend my time fixing only to find another issue with it later.

I was told earlier that only 3-4 people were having this error and they are not sure there will be a fix for it, other than going in individially doing all listings in ebay (and a Supposed again in Auctiva system?) 3,000 changes individually. Turbo Lister (obviously if I wanted to use Turbo i would not list with auctiva, furthermore ebay says it will not fix, as this is auctiva formatting issue????

Right now my options are: Change over 1500 listings 2 times (ebay and then auctiva Saved Listings). (lots of TIME which is money) Or end each listing, fix individually in auctiva and relist (costing me money but less than my time) Really feel if auctiva can't fix this they would offer something to reimburse us for the time involved in re-doing or ending listings.

Ebay specifically says this is AUCTIVA issue. Auctiva blamed ebay. Now it appears they are blaming ME. I used auctiva system???

Anyone got any suggestions??????? HELP FAST I am past due.

ANyone know an easier way???? Anyone know how I can prevent this in future, as auctiva has not responded and I need to get on with the getting on.

Thanks for anyones help.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.