Skip to main content

Reply to "Bulk Live Edit Help"

First, I don't know WHY IN THE WORLD anyone would change in July, as ebay changes their plans lots of time so I would NEVER make changes right after they are announced (been there done that lesson learned hard way). Plus, I had much rather the buyers pay insurance up until closer to time, as that was insurance I did not have to buy.

In addition, Auctiva and ebay announced the find and replace feature which Auctiva introduced September 9th which should have made this a piece of cake. (IF it worked) I have been working on this and have over 60 notes going back and forth on support trying to fix for quite awhile now.

This auctiva community post would not give anyone an idea this was a SUPER MAJOR JOB nor did the announcement.
Picture of Auctiva Rebecca

""" Posted September 17, 2009 02:18 PM Hide Post
Don't cry! Our new Live Listing Revision tool will allow you to revise text in your active listings, even if it is part of your Seller Details (which are the sections of the listing that say Payment, Shipping, About Us, etc.)""""

I was originally told this feature would be very easy to use: These are VERY EASY STEPS THAT A 5TH GRADER COULD DO, (IF THEY WORKED) and anyone should be able to change 100 listings in less than 5 minutes in ACTIVE listings and they will also FIX LIVE ebay listings:
STEPS WOULD BE - PLEASE TRY THEM AND SEE HOW SIMPLE THIS SHOULD BE:

1. Go to active lisings in Auctiva.
2. Put check mark on ALL of the ones being changed in Auctiva system. (which in my case I was changing all)
3. Go to Field/Description
4. Next are two boxes that say: Find Text and other says replace with (or you can leave empty)
5. Continue and Confirm

6. Piece of CAKE and on to the next 100 listings. Do this 15-18 times and you are set with all your listings.

I can do that; it just does not work. So no I am not blaming anyone, (however, am not keen on auctiva blaming me either) I just would like it fixed.
Auctiva sent me to ebay, ebay says it is auctiva format, auctiva then implies it is something to do with me?? I have nothing to do with their formatting as I list directly into Auctiva System with their formatting.

So yes, perhaps I did wait too long, in your opinion, have been waiting week on Auctiva Engineering to look at.. but these could easily have been changed in less than 2 hours if the system worked, so I saw no reason to work on this in July when items were being introduced to do this in a snap. They did not come out until September 9th, perhaps Auctiva should have come out with tool sooner and gotten bugs out of it???

Thanks for your input, but I feel in good faith that auctiva system would work since it is their formatting. I also am finding if this happens again, formatting issues may still be there, anyone of us could have this.

I am NOT only one with this issue. I am not blaming anyone.. I just want to know if others are having problems (I have been told by Auctiva that some are) and if so how they are being handled or if they have found a go-around.

HAVE YOU TRIED THIS?? IF not you should, it is piece of cake if works. EVERYONE should try this to make sure it will work for their listings. If ebay makes other revisions you could have 1500 listings to change and will not know it until it just does not work.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.