Skip to main content

Reply to "Bulk UPLOADER is NOT WORKING-Java not showing up"

Here's the latest support response from Auctiva:
"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Auctiva Support.

Please try going directly to the bulk uploader page again and uploading 5 images at once using the FireFox browser.

If this fails, please go into the add-ons and look for "ad block plus" and remove it

We have no other reports of this issue so we need to find out what you computer has going on assocoated with Win7 64.

Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance in this matter.

Thank you
Auctiva Support "

Below is my response:

"Thanks. I tried it...but the same thing is still happening when I go to the bulk uploader page....there is only a black screen that shows up in the Auctiva Image Uploader page (there used to be a white JAVA window there with the blinking circular Java loading icon. I cannot upload ANY pictures with the bulk uploader at all. However, I can still upload using the HTML uploader on Firefox.

I checked in my add-ons & there is no "ad block plus" there.

There are 2 problems going on here when using Firefox...I can't upload images using the bulk uploader (get the black screen), & I ALSO can't upload any pictures into a duplicate listing (removing the old images & selecting a new image)--the same thing happens--black box.

HOWEVER: Firefox isn't the only browser with image uploading problems....When using Internet Explorer 8, this happens: I can use the bulk uploader fine..no problem. BUT, when i duplicate an existing listing, & then try to upload new pictures by clicking a "Select an Image" box, it pops up a window that says: "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page", etc. If I click OK, it opens up an entirely new BLANK Internet Explorer window & I can't upload any pictures at all this way. This is the fastest way to list items is to create a similar listing & just change the pictures & some of the description. This is a big problem.

Here is something very interesting I just discovered: I have 3 other computers here that are using Windows XP & all of them upload pictures just fine with both the bulk uploader & by duplicating a listing using Firefox or IE...

HOWEVER...here is what is interesting to note & what I believe is causing this problem: They all have older versions of Java & haven't yet been updated to the new, revised Java version as my newer Windows 7 computer has been (when I look at my Java add-on in Firefox on those older XP computers, it has an exclamation point there & says that it needs to be updated to prevent instability issues--I am NOT going to update them at this point!). My problems started after the new version of Java was installed on my computer. I used to be able to upload pics just fine before I installed the Java update about 3 weeks ago or so.

Maybe you don't have any reports yet because users haven't updated their Java yet, or they aren't using Firefox or something. I believe that if & when they do this update, these same things will occur, since that's what appears to have happened here. There appears to be an instability issue with the Auctiva uploaders & this newest version of Java on Firefox & Explorer 8. Just a suspicion, of course, but it's the only thing that i see is different between my other 3 computers & this newer computer.

As for my stating that this is a 64 bit computer, I don't really understand what all that means, & may have been in error on that. When I check Internet Explorer 8, for example, it says its a 256 bit. Don't know how to check to see what bit the Firefox browser is. All I know is I'm not having any problems uploading pics on the XP computers using Firefox or IE, just on this new computer that has Java updated to the new version.

Please check into this new update of Java & your image uploaders (both the bulk one & the one that's used within the listing templates themselves.

Thanks again."
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.