Skip to main content

Reply to "Buyer could not checkout using Auctiva checkout"

Here is a recent exchange with tech support others might be interested in. It has prompted me to drop ProPay from my listings until I hear the issue is resolved (or perhaps forever since I haven't had anyone use ProPay in the time I've had it).

Message to Auctiva support from me, followed by response.

A fairly large percentage of my buyers over the past two months or so have run into problems with checkout.

They get various error pages. Here is what one sent. 'Unexpected error has occurred, Restart checkout from ebay, if unable to complete checkout, contact seller for payment and shipping.' Another reported "I have tried for 2 days to pay you and it comes up with an error message." Another said, "Hello, Friend! I am trying to pay for this but the system is hanging up somewhere." Another said, "I tried to make a payment through your auctiva system and it kept
giving me an error code."
I have changed my PayPal language settings as suggested several weeks back (using UTF-8), so that shouldn't be an issue.
It is getting really frustrating and I am directing people to just pay directly through PayPal. My next step will be to drop Auctiva check-out if I can't get this resolved. Please advise,
Thanks, Tom

Operating System: Windows XP
Browser: Firefox 3.x
New Comment:

Hello,

The problem may be due to an issue that we have discovered with the "Pro Pay" payment system. We have discovered that the Pro Pay option is not compatible with 3rd party checkout systems such as ours. Even if that is not the payment method that a buyer attempts to use,(emphasis added by chinatrain) , it causes the checkout to fail. We plan on addressing this issue soon.

I am sorry for the trouble caused.
Auctiva Support
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.