Skip to main content

Reply to "Buyer could not checkout using Auctiva checkout"

This is SO frustrating for buyers (I'm one of them). I'm getting the same error today as I have on other multiple occasions - an error when I try to go from the Auctiva checkout screens to PayPal to finalise my payment. Half the time it doesn't even make it to the Auctiva screens from the eBay 'Pay Now' link in My eBay.

The seller has told me they have had this problem recorded by other buyers too, not just during Auctiva's downtime for maintenance, but intermittently throughout the week, and always for international buyers.

The deafening silence on these message boards (I posted in 'Checkout' separately on this topic, and there were no replies) is disappointing. The seller tells me they have logged a support call with Auctiva but so far no resolution.

And before anyone suggests paying through PayPal and ignoring the 'use eBay checkout' link, just sending money direct - I know how to do this but PayPal is not picking up all the items I have bought from this seller. The last few times this wasn't working, I had to fiddle around with the postage and insurance costs to 'add in' the items that were missing from the screen. Not ideal as they still show up as unpaid in eBay and I have to mark them off manually. Also they do not appear in my PayPal invoice, PLUS I have to calculate shipping for multiple items manually. VERY VERY MESSY and it should not be necessary if Auctiva/eBay/PayPal could actually work out what in heck is wrong.

I also have a discount coupon that eBay has sent me and surprise, it says I can only redeem it through eBay checkout (not direct via a PayPal payment). Geez, that would be what I would do if only it were actually working...

From a very frustrated
EJ
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.