Skip to main content

Reply to "Buying Clothes on e-bay? Here are some tips to avoid buyer’s remorse"

Queen, great post and I amen all of the suggestions you listed. As a "pre-owned" clothing seller for the last 4+ years, I as a seller have learned a lot of tips when I am listing clothing. When I think of how I started out and what I do now, it is amazing.

You really do need to check out those auctions. Pictures and descriptions tell you how much that seller cares about what they are selling and they care about what YOU are buying. If they do not represent excellence, then they may just be a passing by seller and not serious about what they are selling. Many are just getting rid of things in their closet that really should have been donated.
Believe me, I ran a clothing minisry for years and also have done consignment. Many people have a hard time "throwing away" things that they loved, but have seen their day. Sometimes they think the next person will love it as much as they did, even if it is not in the best condition! And this is expecially true with high end brands. A St. John that has seen it's day, will not be desirable even if it was expensive at first. As Queen said, PRESENTATION, says alot about the seller. So use caution and don't part with your money to fast and be disappointed.
I also might mention that you can also check the ME page of that seller. If you do not like pet hair on your items, then sometimes you can tell by the me page when they have pictures of their cats or dogs. And yes they may say that the animal isn't where the clothing is, but just like smoke, how do you tell pet hairs that are flying in the air where to NOT go.
Have a blessed day
777blessings
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.