Skip to main content

Reply to "Can I get a code?"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
I bet that once we give you the 400x300 tag and fix not allowing image tages more than once you'll be happy with the results and wont need to do any of the tricks you've come up with so far.

I concur.

quote:
quote:
You can't leave any unused image-url tags in the listing or they will show up as text.
can you give me a template name of yours that does that. It shouldnt do that.
Yes, I believe your right and I made a mistake somewhere. I redid my template "thumbs-test" and I didn't have any problems with unwanted HTML or tags showing up. The only problem I had was a "red x" image popped up way down the line, at like image13_url. Oh, and I got blue text and underlining for quite a ways after that. I have'nt gone over the source yet to try and figure that out. I may post it to the practice board and if so, will let you know.
quote:
quote:
make it clear you came over from SD where we could and did make our linked-thumbnails any size we wanted.
And did you ever wonder why their servers ran like snails all day long? That wont ever be a feature here.

E-e-e-asy, Tommy. You must have known that you'd be dealing with a few insensitive red-staters, like me. Cool

The reason I mentioned making it clear that "we came from SD" was to get it across to the techies that because of SDLister, most SD converts have plenty of experience with HTML, and can be trusted to use the new tags without creating a big mess.

The reason I said to mention that "we made them any size we wanted" was so the techies would realize that we *don't* need specific tags for different sizes.

quote:
Use HTML to resize our 400x300. Those images are about 15k each. Maybe down the road we'll add a size between 400x300 and the 96x96. But if we added say 140byX then someone would complain that they wanted 150byX then 180byX and so on and so forth.

This is an example of what I was talking about. I don't want someone up the chain of command getting this same idea and then dismissing it out of hand.

Carry on, O Stout-Hearted Man

CB
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.