Skip to main content

Reply to "Can I get a code?"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:

If everyone concurs that 140 by X is a good size then I can ask about us eventually adding that. Is there anyone that wants other sizes? I've looked at a ton of sd listings and 140 width is what most everyone sets thing as.

Hi Tom,

140 by X would be a perfect size for me and it seems that there are hundreds of ex SD users jumping over here to Auctiva. (like me) that are used to this size.

Mentioned by Capt Binghampton: The reason there are so many SD thumbnails at 140 width is because that's standard in the template.

I'm sure that there are many auctiva users who like the larger thumbnail size 400 x 300, so to take that away and have a standard size of 140, would upset a lot of users !! but if we had the choice of another image tag to resize them down to 140 would be a great idea.

Tom, when you spoke earlier this week about having some new updates for Tuesday, what exactly is this new update going to be ?, I am getting confused now. I am getting one message from Ed at support (see my previous post) and another message from you on here saying it will be released in Tuesdays update.

Also when you say this (Quote)

The only two we'd be offering anytime soon is 400x300 and the 96x96. You can use HTML though to make the 400x300 any size you'd like smaller though if the 96x96 is on the small side by the load like lightning even on a modem, about 1 second per image. 96x96 is the size they show as in your store on our site. The 400x300 is fine to resize in HTML though. I bet that once we give you the 400x300 tag and fix not allowing image tages more than once you'll be happy with the results and wont need to do any of the tricks you've come up with so far.

(End Quote)

This is what we are all asking for on this post, to do just this, see below (quote from Tom)

I bet that once we give you the 400x300 tag and fix not allowing image tages more than once you'll be happy with the results..

(end quote)

Is this what you are going to ask the techies to update on Tuesday ?? fingers crossed here !

And I know that we can't keep asking the techies to do every single little thing, but I really belive that this is a really important issue of design templates, to give auctiva users the choice of a smaller thumbnail image.

I think you would have even more users jumping ship from SD over to Auctiva if they could have a smaller thumbnail.

Should I write to support again, and make my request clearer ? I don't want them to think I am a pain in the Butt. Wink
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.