Skip to main content

Reply to "Can I just get the HTML for the description?"

[/QUOTE]We used to only do that in our preview but then a bunch of people complained it wasn't like eBays preview and they didnt know what the gallery image would be or shipping feauures, etc. [/QUOTE]

I could see where it would be useful to be able to do it either way. I agree with Tt, though, about people who like it this way, and for another reason: the code that eBay puts ahead of your listing can alter the way your listing displays, changing fonts, etc. Plus, all it takes is one forgotten </div> tag and you can find your html encroaching on "eBay's part" of the page. Whereupon your listing might get it's donkey thrown out.

Sounds like Auctiva may offer both in the future. Until then, if you're a hard-coder, I'd suggest grabbing a simple free-ware non-WYSIWYG html editor such as HTMLKit off the web. Write your code there, click to preview it in your browser. When you've got it the way you want it, post it into the HTML side of Auctiva's editor and save it without going to the design side, or whatever it's called. At that point you can preview it with Auctiva to make sure your HTML is compatible with eBay. It's a lot simpler than I can make it sound.

Wishing you the best of luck,
CB
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.