Skip to main content

Reply to "Can someone please help the combined shipping impaired?"

Hi Danno, thanks much for the input! Very nice store by the way. My DSR's are 4.9, 4.9, 4.7, 4.8 and 100% fb...not bad I guess...although when I sell books and videos/dvds I do notice whenever I use media mail I get lower raring on ship time yet when I use 1st class I get lower ratings on price...I guess you can't really win! I was aware of the postal change...kinda like feebay...higher prices & less service...although I do like the new flatrate box, just not the price. Thanks again for the help!
quote:
Originally posted by dleckington:
OH MY! Eek

Have you picked a difficult subject. I've struggled with the combined shipping for years. With the new DSR Ratings, it's even more important to get good shipping prices that don't get you the nasty low stars. On charging, I always attempt to make sure my charge for S&H is at or lower than the actual cost. Yes, I do sometimes lose a little on S&H, but it's also a competitive market. I keep a spreadsheet for running total and averages on the shipping materials, etc., to see if I'm hitting goal.

Perhaps my best response is, see what others do in their auctions/BINs.

I'm doing some similar USPS combined with books using Media/1st/Priority, including some basing of Priority on the Flat Rate Box. However, I VERY CAREFULLY explain my shipping costs and INVOICE combined sales to get the numbers correct. That's due to limitations on containers and book sizes for packing. People love my fast ship and very protective packing methods, so that helps too. At least my DSRs seem to agree with the methods.

You can look at the language I'm using on my auctions for ideas. Just click on my store link.

Did you know USPS is raising the rates again IN MAY?!!!!!

Danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.