Skip to main content

Reply to ""Can Top-Rated Seller Program Help eBay?""

quote:
Originally posted by JP_art:
Likewise I have been a powerseller on ebay for many years. I have worked very hard to maintain a high level of service to all of my customers.

Ebay has a huge flaw in their DSR system. They assume that buyers are honest and responsible. I am not a top rated seller because of ONE buyer. I battled for over a week trying to figure out how my low DSR's went from a consistent 0% to over 6%. The answer was that I had a new buyer starting in August and she bought A LOT of items from me. She left me 1's or 2's in 2 DSR categories for the months of August and September for every item she purchased. Worse than that she continues to buy and leaves glowing feedback.

After speaking with ebay reps they confirmed to me that it was one buyer and that I should block her and contact trust and safety. The assured me that there was something trust and safety could do for me to remedy this because I have always had good DSR's and because all of this was coming from one buyer (who has continued to purchase from me).

I contacted the trust and safety department and they stated "there is no way to identify what buyer left what DSR's. That they would not help me. That despite the fact that ebay's site states they are taking steps to detect and act on buyer abuse ~ there is nothing they will do to help me. They went so far as to tell me they would contact the representative who informed me that one buyer left all of the low DSR's and explain to this poor rep that they cannot give out incorrect information.

I ran reports myself and was able to verify the low DSR's came from one buyer, if I can do it, ebay can do it. If it can be proven, then ebay should take action.

Not only am I not a top rated seller, they have me a "below average seller" all because of one buyers DSR's. I have no search standing, my items are not seen. The few sales I have are from repeat buyers.

Ebay states that I need to raise my DSR's. What they neglect to point out to the sellers is that as your sales decrease each day because your search standing has dropped and the result of that is your low DSR percentages increase until the 3 months pass and those low DSR's drop off. So if you end up in my situation, pack it up and go on vacation for 3 months, there is no way to recover.

Hi, Trust and Safety will not do anything on low DSR ratings even if from a single buyer unless the buyer left negative feedback. If the buyer left negative feedback. Then the buyer can change their feedback or you and the buyer can agree to with draw your mutual feedback. I had a buyer that accidentally left the wrong DSR's on an item they bought from another seller and because they left positive feedback with low DSR ratings there was not anything that could be done to correct the low DSR's short of the feedback being mutually with drawn. Also you may want to double check the time period that you are quoting before the low DSR's drop off. When I read through the new policies when they were being announced the 3 month drop off period only applies if you have a certain sales level and maintain that same dollar level of sells otherwise as your sales dollars drop off the length of time before the low DSR's drop off increases to a year. How is that for a catch 22?
Last edited by wiccanwandcrafter
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.