Skip to main content

Reply to ""Can Top-Rated Seller Program Help eBay?""

quote:
Originally posted by thar:
NO, THE TOP-RATED SELLER PROGRAM WILL HURT EVERYONE:

i am a top-rated seller only because i must let the buyers abuse me, lie to me, cheat me, and in some instances steal from me. all because ebay will do nothing to help. the unfair feedback system, doesn't even allow me to leave negative feedback when it takes 2 weeks for a buyer to pay for an item or doesn't pay at all. contacting ebay's customer support or trust and safety for help or assistance, is a total joke. the only trust and safety they are interested in is ebay's.

I agree with thar. I sell expensive wigs and the client gets very emotional. They make mistakes on their order and then tell me that if I don't do what they want, they will leave negative feedback. My cost of goods is very high and the items are of a personal nature. I've had people ruin the units, wear them and make a mistake in color selection and then lash out and tell me what I better do or else. When I inform ebay that health codes in California restrict retailers from taking back worn human hair products--they tell me there is nothing they can do--and that even if I'm threaten by the buyer--it's not extortion unless they ask me for money. I've had clients who out of angry of seeing the "no returns" will leave a low dsr out of spite without even giving me the opportunity to do anything to correct the issue--if I can. The abuse and the high emotions by buyers who don't know what they are doing and who buy on impulse is taxing. I know of another wig seller who was so distraught that she had a breakdown from stress.

I feel like a child being guided by an over-bearing and very critical ebay parent.I do agree with another quote here--use ebay to direct people to your website.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.