Skip to main content

Reply to "Canadian buyer"

quote:
Originally posted by tennisntrains:

Do you insure your packages? Thats what my main concern is....

Also, what is the deal about the buyer paying customs charges on the package? I sold a $2.99 toy, so I doubt if there was much there, but previously I sold a $30.00 dress (not through EBAY)...is she going to have to pay customs on it? I didn't even think of insuring delivery for the dress, and when I found that insurance was going to be $16.00 on the $2.99 toy, I didn't do that either. I asked both of the buyers to please email me when the items arrived, but its been over two weeks and haven't heard from either of them.

Tenny

Different countries have different levels set for when customs/duty/tax becomes applicable. $2.99 will certainly be fine, and $30.00 should be too. Here in the UK, it's about $30.00-$40.00. This is the amount of the item + the postage charge (we're taxed on postage too). Packages over this amount can occasionally come in untaxed, but this is down to luck!

With regards to insurance, I do, but it's a judgment call, but for items around $30.00, I would want at least recorded delivery of some kind, otherwise Seller Protection from Paypal won't be applicable (can of worms).
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.