Skip to main content

Reply to "Cancellation"

quote:
Picture of handlep

Posted January 14, 2008 01:06 AM Hide Post
Hi Mary, and welcome to Auctiva - don't go, it is really very good here. Let's see if we can get you sorted. Let me deal with your last question first - 'Another thing, can anyone see my setup before I put it to EBAY?' - if by that you mean can anyone on eBay see the listing you are creating, before you actually post it, then the answer is no, they can't - so you can fiddle around with it to your heart's content without any ramifications. OK on that one?

On to the main problem. So, you have weighed your item, and have calculated how much the shipping, or postage, cost will be, yes? (if not, then that's your next step) OK, let's assume it will be $5 (I'm assuming you are in the US Smile ) to ship within the US, and you do not want to ship outside the US.

You now need to click the 'Maximise' link alongside the 'Shipping Tools' section heading. Now you have a large form area to fill in. The first part is simple, identifying where you are. The next part is where you specify where you will ship to - in our case you will tick United States (right hand option on the top row). Next select Flat Rate Shipping (you have to have that one, as the only other option is Local Pick-Up).

Now you have an area in a grey background, first heading is Domestic Shipping Services. In the first drop down window, alongside where it says 'First Domestic Service', you select whatever Postal Service Option you are going to use (whatecer you used to calculate your cost earlier). Then alongside that is another box, for the actual cost, so just type that in there (without the currency symbol, which should already be there outside the box). Leave the next box (Additional Item Cost) blank. Don't bother putting anything in the next area down (International Shipping). Now you are at the Auctiva Shipping Insurance section. I can't talk to this I'm afraid, as I can't use it in the UK - so I suggest for the time being, until you are more au fait with using Auctiva, that you disable Auctiva's shipping services, and in this section click either Not Offered, or Included in S&H (in which case make sure the cost of shipping you used earlier does include Insurance). To disable Auctive Insurance, go to 'My Account', then Auctiva Shipping Insurance Settings, and then deselect the option at the top of the page 'Use Auctiva Shipping Insurance'.

Hopefully that has got you on the right track Mary, but please come back and let us all know how you get on, and/or ask any more questions you have.

Pete.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.