Skip to main content

Reply to "Change or keep my current domain?"

quote:
Originally posted by artfuldeb:
Hello, I'm new to this board. I have a question about my current domain. I have a web site and domain set up thru yahoo, this website was created when I had a brick and mortar antiques mall and is geared to promote the store not sell on line. I have closed after 2 years. I am going to set up a store thru auctiva, been using auctiva for ebay and have been very happy with ease of use. I am still paying a monthly fee to yahoo for a website that is out of date. I figure since it has to be re-done I would like to do that with auctiva, but I am still using the email address attached to the website and I don't want to lose the customers that know that email. I would also like to cut down on expenses and maybe shorten the name. Couldn't find anything this specific in FAQ so I am asking for help here. HELP!!! I want to start my new auctiva store ASAP. Thank you, Deb

Hi Deb,

Welcome to Auctiva.

It is my feeling that you should do both. You want to keep the old name as there is value in the history. And you can pick a shorter name to use for you AuComm store and direct the traffic from the old name to your new one.

I own 15 names that I use for my eBay and AuComm store.

As you can see in my sig. my Auctive store is MarineSupply.com and that is what I have setup here and at my google tools. I also own Marinesuppliesdirect.com and boatsupplydirect.com which are forwarded to Marinesupplydirect.com

I get about 100 hits from the other names a week.

Just to let you know the Auctive Commerce section of the board is at the top and a better place for answers on the store. What is funny is that most people ask questions about Auctiva for eBay up there.

Good Luck,
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.