Skip to main content

Reply to "Change or keep my current domain?"

quote:
Originally posted by artfuldeb:
Hi Guys, Yes I am not in the right place, want to open an auctiva commerce store. Always been a bit bass ackwards. Mike, I hope you are still there, I think what you are saying is I can keep the existing domain name, but not the website? I kinda remember, now that you mention it, they are two different entities. Does the email address associated with the domain stay attached, so to speak. When I get the first stuff set up will you tell me how to forward from the other names? Do your other names come up in a search engine thru, say, google? Is that where you get the 'about 100 hits'. Thank you so much. Your info helped a lot. Deb

No Problem. As far as being in the wrong forum a few of us have a canned message because so many end up up top when they belong here I just found it amusing the this was the other way around. Smile

Yes just keep the domain name and dump the website and you can forward your existing name to where you buy your new one if you want. Auctiva Commerce is your new website.

Just let me know when you need the help thru this post or my website.

There are direction here in the forums for goDaddy and I have my own domain name portal which is thru Wild West which is part of GoDaddy. Eshopping Domain Names

All my names will come up in searches and your old one should also. I also look for typo's and add them.

Yes your email is tied to to the domain name as long as it's not a yahoo email address.

Just a piece of advise do do the $19.95 package when you buy your store. Just go for the $9.95 store it is free till March if you go for the bundle you will not get a refund for the Commerce store.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.