Skip to main content

Reply to "Choose Custom Item Specifics"

Hi Mumo:
Here is what I received:
Dear Pelican,

Thanks for following up with us regarding this matter. The custom item specifics that you are referring to are the eBay recommended custom item specifics that show up on the "Sell your Item" form. We do not import these eBay recommended custom item specifics from eBay, however, I certainly understand how this could be a useful additional to our site, so I have forwarded your comments to our developers as a suggestion for future consideration.

The "Detail Name" and "Value" fields can be used to enter your own item specifics. For example, if you wanted to indicate the material, you could type "Material" in the "Detail Name" field and "wool?" in the "Value" field. Then, when the listing is posted, it would show that the material has been identified as wool in the item specifics.

There is currently a bug in our system that is causing the custom item specifics identified by our users not to be transmitted to eBay in certain case so, if you have entered information in these fields and it was not transmitted to the resulting active listing, you are being affected by this bug. This issue will be resolved as part of our next site update, which is tentatively scheduled to take place in early April.

We apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing. If there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.