Skip to main content

Reply to "Choose Custom Item Specifics"

Hi ladies -
I think a lot of people are having the problem with item specifics. Most times I list in the Sports & Mem. category. After I post, I edit my listings on eBay to add the specifics (very time consuming). I also use Gallery plus frequently because some of the items I list really need to be looked at close up.

Ever since eBay completed their major update on the 20th, whenever I go into the edit mode to change something in the listing, the link to the picture breaks and gallery plus stops working. The gallery plus feature just shows "error loading picture" in the search mode.

So.....if you are editing in eBay and you use the Gallery Plus feature, be sure to go back and search for your item to be sure Gallery Plus is still working for you.

If it isn't working, here is the fix eBay gave me to get it to work again:

*Go to SITE INFO.
*Find CHANGE GALLERY PICTURE, near the top in the center.
*Type or paste in your item number & select CONTINUE.
*Just above where you see CHANGE, is Auctiva's link to the picture.
*Highlight that and click on CHANGE
*Then click on DONE.
That should fix it. If you get an error message in red, just repeat the process a second time and it should go through okay.

When eBay first did their "change download" the gallery plus link was broken between eBay & Auctiva. Auctiva's engineers worked on it and fixed it. However, now there is a problem when you go into the edit mode, so be careful. This has been brought to their attention and I am sure, they will have their engineers fix it soon.

Meanwhile, I thought I would share the temporary fix with you since I heard you all talking about going into the edit mode. If you are not using gallery plus, then you probably won't have any problems.

NANARTCHIK, I wonder if what you wrote about eBay cracking down on those that edit might have something to do with this latest problem.

I personally don't think that eBay likes outside picture hosting sites because of the money eBay loses. That is just my opinion. Hope the fix above helps if you need it.

Lynn
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.