Skip to main content

Reply to "Custom Item Specifics not showing"

Hi popsshop,

Although we have finished updating our category data for eBay AU and category # 617 (Movies > DVDs & Blu-ray Discs) can now be selected through our eBay AU lister page, I am still seeing a discrepancy between the default attributes that are being displayed in the Custom Item Specifics section on our site and those provided for the category when listing through eBay AU directly.

When I select eBay AU category # 617 when listing through Auctiva, the details that show up in the Custom Item Specifics window by default are “DVD Region” and “Genre” whereas no default details are displayed when I select that category when listing directly through eBay AU.

The details that show up in the Custom Item Specifics window are actually pulled directly from eBay through their API so it appears that eBay is currently reporting different default Item Specifics details through their API for this category than they are displaying on their site.

I have made our technical team aware of this, but I am not sure what the outcome will be. Given that eBay's system is reporting different values through their API than they are displaying on their site, I cannot even be certain which set of details is correct.

Regardless, if you would like to add attributes to the Item Specifics section of your listing that differ from the default details, you can always add the desired details using the “Detail Name” and “Value” fields that are displayed along the top of the Custom Item Specifics window.

For example, if you want to specify that a movie is in the English language in the Item Specifics section, you would just enter “Language” in the “Detail Name” field, enter “English” in the “Value” field and then click the “Submit” button.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.