Skip to main content

Reply to "Custom Item Specifics not showing"

below is the response I got to asking what Auctiva can do for us. That was after I said I would gladly pay $75 towards the conversion effort. I bet others would as well. Changing to a new vendor is not something I look forward to I want to stay here but this, if it can't be rectified, will cause me to leave as I don't have an extra 25 hours to" fix" things knowing that the next time it will be even more time o "fix" things

we need an answer that they will or won't assist us in this massive conversion. the answer of "I'll let the developers know" is nothing more then an attempt at pacifying us. There has to be many other Auctiva users in my same predicament

If what I suggest doesn't seem to be feasible (I doubt that very much) Then how about allowing the Item Specifics, that are currently on a listings, to be displayed no matter if the category changes or if it is invalid as it is in this case. I would go into each Closed and Saved listing and pick the new category I just don't have the time to at the same time research and add 15 item specifications for the item.

so I will gladly pay $75 for this last solution and I will pay $125 if they can also change the category number as well.

Please do not ignore me again just give me an honest answer

The way Auctiva works is that if you open the Item Specifications first you can then change the category and your item speciation will remain what was on the listing originally. So the logic exists please use it

___response_____________________________________
Hello,

The item specifics are pulled directly from eBay based on the category that is selected. So when eBay changes a category number like they did this week, the prior category number goes invalid and those item specifics that come with the category are lost. I will forward your suggestions about how to handle these eBay changes to our developers for consideration.

Thank you,
Auctiva Support

edaneff@mfx.net
Customer
Posted Thursday, 9/13/2012 8:27 AM
excuse me that is not accurate

If I go look at eBay all my Item Specifics are still there.

All that has changed is the category.
In fact right now all I do is ReList from the Closed folder and all the item specifics I had are still there because eBay still has them.

If eBay can do that why can't Auctiva?

Please forward this to Mike

All Auctiva needs to do is change the category number that is currently in the Saved and Closed listings to the new category number. Once that is done I bet the item specifics, that are currently saved in Auctiva, will display like magic again.

FOR EXAMPLE
There must exist a list that shows all the old categories that were under Necklaces & Pendants
A query of categories with those numbers would identify all the items in the folders that needed to have the new Necklaces & Pendants category number. Next replace the old category number with the new one and like magic the Item Specifics in Auctiva will appear
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.