Skip to main content

Reply to "Custom Template using Front Page Help!"

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in posting back.

I looked over the template. You need to add some of the standard Auctiva tags for use as an Auctiva template, e.g. [DESCRIPTION] allows for text and formatting elements created in the one-page lister to be embedded for that tag for Preview and final post of a listing. The list of tags are in the Forum on a sticky thread, and are also on the template editor page.

I do see some limitations of that template. Obvisouly, it's very wiiiiiide because of the double central columns and that 700px wide image at the top. I put one of the code pieces you posted on my coder. I have old Frontpage too, but prefer MS Visual Web Developer 2008. I have some questions that might help me make recommendations.

1. Generally, how many photos of the item will you use for a listing, and are you normally using landscape or portrait type images to list. Also, are you familiar with all the various Auctiva methods for image display, e.g. the thumb viewer.

2. I noted the template has a Details box for Bust, Shoulders, etc. that would be unique to a specific item. That makes each attempt to create a listing difficult without modification of the template. I can suggest Java coding that you can use in the Description section of the one-page lister to Dynamically load that boxes values, or you might consider moving that code into the description section (out of the template and into the one-page lister).

3. The width of the template may cause you problems in new eBay IFRAME design. I love the design, but the limitations due to width might call for some reorganization. Is that a problem? FYI...thinking the pictures organized slightly different with one central column below that for what is now that right-side column.

4. Are any of the saves you did at practicewriter the original template? I'm seeing some coding errors on my tests, and am curious what's been changed/missing.

Don't panic. Nice template. Just needs some good ol' TLC.

Danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.