Skip to main content

Reply to "Custom template"

Helen,

Okay, I think I see the problem here.

All of your info and pictures are already in the template. It looks like you have your photos with photobucket (which is fine) but the URLs are embedded in this template.

This html code would be fine to use if you were listing directly from Ebay but Auctiva is set up a bit different.

For example, I purchased a custom template from ebay. All it is really is a cute border, my store name at the top and some buttons I wanted on my template. I have this html code for my listing, saved under "Custom Templates" on the "Listings" page.

BUT when I want to set up an auction or store item, I have to go "Listings" -> "New Listing" to set that up. Here you decide if it is an auction item or fixed price, what ebay category it goes in, etc. This is the page with the buttons on the bottom that say "Post" or "Schedule". Here you can also write a description (no html required, that is only needed for your template) and add pictures from those hosted here or elsewhere (like Photobucket). Then you can choose your template from the list of ones that auctiva offers or your own custom one. You can also choose shipping options here.

Auctiva is also based on setting up profiles to use on this listing page. If you go to the Profiles tab, you can set up profiles for shipping, marketing, etc. I will say that this was the most time consuming part of using auctiva but once it is done, it is done and you will only have to go back and edit as needed.

If decide to use Auctiva in this way, the template needs to be almost "gutted" of the description and images you already have in there and tags put in. Right now the description tag is above the template border. There should be a tag for the description where you want it to show up within the template and image tags for where you want those to go. Again this is so you can use the template over and over again and NOT have to touch the html.

That is the true beauty of auctiva. I hate working with html and this allows me to write my listings without touching it. You can also host unlimited pics here and schedule your auctions to launch when you want them to.

Auctiva also offers classes on how to create an ebay listing using their service. Here is the link for the class listings this week:

Auctiva Classes

Please let me if I can help any further. I know that there is a learning when using this service but once you get through it, I think you will really like Auctiva especially if you plan on listing more in the future.

Marcia
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.