Skip to main content

Reply to "Danger! Danger! Wildcat sighted on eBay."

Hi Deb,

Glad you like Wildcat. Hopefully, the beta testing will go well over the next 30-60 days and I'll be able to start sales by early fall.

The zoom is from 400H x 400W to 585H x 780W with 95% set as the picture mat to give it the set-back matted edge.

BTW, I know how you're stuggling with photo cropping and thumbs, so here are two alpha tests of Sophie running in the eBay Sandbox to help test the tMagic feature.

This first link shows an array of test images with tMagic set to 2:3 aspect ratio, i.e. all the thumbs are forced to operate at that aspect ratio and the white space is obvious. Note, these are Auctiva stored 80x80 Thumbs and Original images.

http://cgi.sandbox.ebay.com/ws...e=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Here's is pretty much the same listing with tMagic operating at the same preset 2:3 aspect ratio for the thumbs, BUT tMagic was set to crop mode.

http://cgi.sandbox.ebay.com/ws...7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Note, the reduction in white space to help fill the thumb area. I'm using only the 80x80 with these tests, but will resolve that to using larger in final, so there won't be any white space and thumbs will always fill the thumb boxes with cropped images.

One other important item to observe: tMagic created a row of 6 thumbs at 53Wx80H for each of those alpha tests in the Sandbox. On Deb's active listing, tMagic created a double row for the 12 thumbs at 7 per row and sized them at 50Hx75W. Think big thumbs with fewer pics for best use of the thumb space, and that's also part of tMagic's goals. I'm definitely looking at larger than 80x80 for final product.

Now, imagine you are taking shots and want a wide-angle (landscape) shot of a beltline on a dress to display, but are STUCK with the rigid 2:3 aspect ratio of thumbs and main image. Does this seem to be the way out that problem? Now you'll understand why I've been operating free to help others, so I could better understand their problems and look for solutions.

SophieBox isn't as much a template, as a template add-on "BOX" widget, that operates to improve the look/presentation and under the covers reduces the labor and costs associated with listing. More on that last part coming soon ...

Danno

Oh....and tMagic has an auto mode to inspect the images to determine if they all operate at one of its preprogrammed aspect ratios and make thumbs appropriate to your listing's needs. It even supports 16:9 aspect ratio (HD) for a seller that wants to do HD video stills. Big Grin

New movie outtake quote for the day for J.D. lovers....

"His ego is writing checks his stockholders can't cash." - Danno
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.