Skip to main content

Reply to "DELETE WIZARD NOT WORKING!!"

You are correct about the image deletion wizard and about auctiva keeping your image count high so they can charge you. Their image size count does NOT work.
I just finished customer support with auctiva,
This was my support conversation. I strongly advise you to also, unless you like paying a company for bogus charges for a service that is not working.

ME:
I have used your image deletion wizard and have deleted deleted deleted down to all images older than 15 days old. My image storage seems to be stuck at 1.1GB it will not go down in size.
I took all my photos from the last fifteen days on my computer and checked the size and it is only 428MB. That is a long way from 1.1 GB that your storage folder is showing. the 428 MB is actually small because all my photos on my computer for the past fifteen days includes several personal photos that are not uploaded to auctiva.
Obviously this is a concern as it would require me to purchase additional storage on auctiva.
Can you correct this so I can choose a plan please

DON E Auctiva:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Auctiva Support.

Here's what I recommend.

If you go to image management and set to display 100 images, then click the 'upload date' link so that your oldest images display first. Next tick the box in the blue bar just under the EDIT button. This will select all of your images.

Then you scroll down and look for anything which is not a '0' in the 'Listings' column, and untick.

Then delete.

Do this for all pages you wish to delete.

Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance in this matter.

Thank you
Auctiva Support
rudeatroves@xxxxxxx.net
Customer
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 10:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi. I have already used the image deletion wizard. Isn't that what the image deletion wizard is supposed to do, to save us hours an dhours of time?
or do i need to now spend more time after the image deletion wizard, and manually delete the photos?
Don E.
Support
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 10:27 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I suggest you do what I recommended.

It is a very quick way to remove 100 images at a time and be certain you are removing only unused images.

Apparently you have exhausted the wizards usefulness.

Thank you
Auctiva Support
rudeatroves@xxxxxxxxx.net
Customer
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 10:31 AM
the image deletion wizard does not work then??.
I have thousands and thousands of images going back to 2005.
Don E.
Support
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 10:36 AM
hi,

The wizard is being revised, which is why there is now a cap of $19.90 on image overage for july while the issue is being looked into further.

This is why I gave you my alternative to help you remove those old images.

Thank you
Auctiva Support
rudeatroves@xxxxxxxxx.net
Customer
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 11:08 AM
so for a service that does not work, Auctiva will be charging the flat monthly fee plus up to $19.90 for image hosting, when their image size count is NOT WORKING?. I would think that when auctiva is going to charge for their service it should at least work...correctly. How many customers are going to be overcharged because your much pushed image deletion wizard does not work, and their GB is still over the alotted limit for the flat fee service.
I'm happy this is america where i can file a complaint about any business, and I'm extremely dissatisfied with Auctiva's customer support, rudeness, lack of concern for their customers.
I don't mind paying for a service but i feel that the image size count may be intentional to bring in additional $$ to auctiva based solely on your reply don.
You sir, are a disservice to Auctiva.
rudeatroves@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.net
Customer
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 11:09 AM
Customer service is rude. I beleive that Auctiva, based on customer service reply, is going to milk alot of customers out of money, when their image size count does not work, neither does their image deletion wizard.
Don E.
Support
Posted Monday, 6/29/2009 11:19 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Auctiva Support.

Your image consumption is correctly displayed.

I'm sorry you are angry about your cache of images exceeding our proscribed limit, and you do not want to pay for image storage.

I have simply offered an alternative to assist you in removing all of your older unused images, 100 images at a time.

The fact that the tool we have provided to assist you in removing your images does not work as effectively as desired does not support your claim that "Auctiva will be charging the flat monthly fee plus up to $19.90 for image hosting, when their image size count is NOT WORKING?".

Now I see that your image consumption is .94 GB, I'm glad my suggestion helped you remove 200 MB of images in a timely manner.

Thank you
Last edited by auctivajeff
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.