Skip to main content

Reply to "Did you know that Yahoo is FREE now?"

quote:
Originally posted by olyguy:
I sell on Yahoo and I don't think I "rip off people" or have a "scammer mentality" and my buyers are not "idiots".

I'm not referring to olyguy specifically. LOL. Well, I saw few sellers who were decent enough to list their prices accordingly. However, they are the minority. Sellers who overprice their items are overwhelming Yahoo Auction. Being an avid online shopper and buyer myself, when I saw how much people were overpricing their things on Yahoo, I was immediately turned off and decided I was not going to waste my time shopping there.

Another problem was disorganization. As a shopper, when I searched for an item or keyword, I would like to see the engine return an organized, shopper-friendly, easy-to-browse listings. Instead, Yahoo Auction kept returning listings of high-priced items. I'm sure I could have found some great bargains and gems in there, but then it would take a long time for me to sort through all those overpriced messes.

By the way, I do not love eBay. In fact, I somewhat despise eBay's monopolistic practices and non-responsive attitude. Everyday I keep hoping that a new auction website would come out of nowhere and kick eBay's ass bad so eBay will have to learn to behave. Unfortunately, I just have not come across any website that could stand up to eBay.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.