Skip to main content

Reply to "Did you know that Yahoo is FREE now?"

quote:
I thought last time I did research that Amazon was a flat fee for forty dollars a month for a store...hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I am in the UK so as with everything else there are differences, there is some sort of monthly deal ( think at about £29 which roughly equates), but to be honest all I was doing was re-selling a couple of books that I had bought from Amazon that I thought were really good and deserved to be read by others rather than just sit on my shelves.

Have to admit the books on Amazon went really quickly but then I was offering them at about 15/20% of Retail so I guessed they would. If I put them nearer to Amazon's prices I don't think I would have got the sale.

To be honest there does not seem to be a real market for fiction in the UK, I have noticed in the past when I tried to sell several sets of about 10 books in different genres (Crime/Sci-Fi/Adventure/What If etcc..). I started them at 99p just to cover Ebay fees and sold only 1 lot out of 5 and even that was on a re-listing. If I could find something like that I would snap it up but I was just spending good money and not even breaking even so I stopped.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.