Skip to main content

Reply to "Digital Delivery Sellers, Kiss your Livelyhood Goodbye"

With the new tabbed format that's coming out..everyone should take a look at your eBay.

As my PS rep stated this is just the beginning of one out of six changes that are coming before May.

There was seven days notice.
Luckily my eggs aren't all in one basket.

EBay Banned Digital Items 3-31-2008

http://www.auctionsellersmotivators.com/forum/index.php/topic,7832.0.html

***New Policy Update: Digital Downloadable Goods in Classified Ads Format Only***
March 24, 2008 | 01:00PM PST/PT

Brian Burke
Hello…This is Brian Burke, Director Global Feedback Policy. Digital goods are often reproduced at little to no cost to the seller. On eBay, this creates the potential for Feedback Manipulation (both real and perceived). To preserve the integrity of the Feedback system, effective March 31 all goods that can be digitally downloaded or transferred electronically must be listed using the Classified Ads format.

Using the Classified Ads format, sellers receive a 30-day ad at a fixed price. This solution enables sellers to continue to market their digital goods on eBay; however, because Classified Ad listings are a lead generation tool and do not result in transactions that go through eBay, Feedback cannot be exchanged between buyer and seller.

Sellers who wish to continue to offer digital goods can do so by selecting the Everything Else>Information Products category in the Sell Your Item form and choosing the Classified Ads format (not auction-style or fixed price). For more information about the Classified Ads format, please read Advertising with Classified Ads.

Sincerely,

Brian Burke
Director, Global Feedback Policy

Continually growing list of banned items
Ebooks
Domain names
Websites
Graphics
Ebay auction templates
Spreadsheets
Digital Software
Powerpoint, Excel & Word Templates
Digital Photos
Digital Embrodery
Digital Patterns
Digital Printables
Advertising
Audio books
Digital music downloads
Digital Service Manuals -- cars, machines, etc
Digital Delivered Business cards
Machine Building Blueprints
Architectural designs
Wholesale Lists
Digital Scrapbook Pages
Video Tutorials
Website Scripts
Plans - farm equipment
Plans - Kids stuff - ie puppet theaters, swings playhouses
Plans -model making, boat building
Home repair
Furniture building
Craft instructions - not patterns- such as "how to mosaic" "Pottery"
Tattoo Flash
Prepaid cellular phone cards
Coupon codes (Staples.com, etc)
Digi Frames
Euro Frames
Blings / Sparkles
Logos / Siggys
Me Pages
Store Fronts
Ebay User Tools

One of several eBay forum discussions going on and if you're smart you'll read to see how this is escalating to a point where you can see where other types of auctions will be affected.

Plain format for your sales on eBay with tabs on top.
I've seen it.
One tab for TOS
One tab for description
One tab for your My World stats

No links to other items available
No links to your eBay store
No multiple purchases

Nothing else whatsoever...this is just the beginning and if you're all smart you'll start looking around, buy your domain name as I've suggested for years, set up other shops. Join other seller forums.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.