Skip to main content

Reply to "Disabling or reducing image quality compression"

Dear specialKid,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing with our uploader. We do not currently have any plans to offer an option that would allow you to eliminate or reduce the automatic compression done by the Auctiva Uploader, but I have shared your feedback in this regard with our Product Management team for consideration.

However, if you decide you must use another service to host your product images, you could potentially continue to create your listings through Auctiva by enabling the available option to use externally hosted images.

In order to use this option for a given listing, you would just need to click the “switch to externally hosted images” link next to the “Image Hosting” setting at the bottom of the Auctiva Image Selection section of our lister page.

Once you have done so, you will see the option to add your externally hosted images by URL when you click any of the provided “Select Image” boxes.

If you intend to use externally hosted images in all of your listings, you can also set your account to load this option be default by mousing over the “My Account” tab, clicking the “Account Preferences” option under “Settings”, choosing “External” from the “Default Image Hosting” drop down menu in the Image Management section and then clicking the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

Also, we did release a new version of the Auctiva Uploader within the last couple months, but you can still access the previous version by logging into your account and entering http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUI.aspx into the address bar of your browser, so you are welcome to give it a try and see if it better meets your needs.

Although it is not possible to use the previous version of the Auctiva Uploader to upload images directly from the lister page, you could use it to upload images into your account such that they can then be selected from your Auctiva image archive as you are creating your listings.

We appreciate the feedback.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.