Skip to main content

Reply to "Does anyone use the listing editor successfully?"

Along these same lines of thought, I also noticed a problem cutting and pasting between Word and Auctiva. I was working up another set of Seller Details and in the process copied some text from a saved Seller Details profile into Word (the transfer was only "mostly" successful) and then back into a new Seller Details design editor, without changes on my part. When I previewed the result, the text color had changed. I tried to restore the color in the Seller Details design editor but couldn't change it, and the HTML was radically altered from the original too.

As a test, I did the same thing with Notepad and just restored the formatting in Auctiva, since only plain text without formatting was copied, and everything came out just peachy, with no HTML corruption or strange artifacts.

My inexpert conclusion is that Word's formatting code is not really compatible with Auctiva's design editors and cutting and pasting operations between the two is simply not reliable. I certainly don't believe that this incompatability means that Auctiva's listing editor is "a piece of @*#&!". Seems a little harsh in light of the evidence. In fact, using that logic, you could just as easily say that Word was "a piece of @*#&!". When used as intended, Auctiva's lister has worked just fine for me.
Last edited by ninthwave
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.