Skip to main content

Reply to "Don't be like SD and SS..."

quote:
Originally posted by hgmartin:
quote:
What do you use now?

eBay made big improvement to the manager in my eBay and it did what I needed.
Thanks for the info.
quote:
I figured as often SS needed to update umds it was just a matter of time before eBay shuts them out.
Exactly what happened. The had go the API route. Would have been easier if they'd had some retained earnings to do it with. I'm hoping they still succeed.
quote:
I think a token $2.00 charge a month would go a long ways for paying for support people and keep many of the PITAS away.
It would at least be a start. The support people are especially crucial. When I was in business, the fewest number of competitors I had in town was 5. I always made it a point to know what the labor rates they charged their customers were and I tried to keep mine about $2.00/hr above the highest competitor (of course, I had to make it worth it to the customers, obviously). I never had the highest volume in town, but when I was 41, I was able to sell out and retire. The guy I sold out to...well, he cut the prices to "get competitive". Because of this, he couldn't take care of his troops: he lost over 90% of my guys, plus my gal in less 18 months. And because of that, he had to replace them with inexperienced people who'd work for less. And because of that, he couldn't take care of his customers in the manner in which they were accustomed. And because of that, he lost just under half of my old customers in the same time-frame and never was able to attract a similar number of new ones. And because of that, in four years his corporation was belly-up. Life.

CB
"...and every day the paperboy brings more." -Pink Floyd
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.