Skip to main content

Reply to "Dryell home dry cleaning - does it get rid of cig smell?"

Thanks Donna. My dad was diabetic for about 30 years. The past couple years he had problems with his legs and had also lost a lot of weight. With his long-time smoking (60 years) I was sure he had cancer, but now think he had chronic kidney failure. He had multiple chest xrays taken during his hospitalization and there was no cancer anywhere. So many of the things that occured are symptoms of CKF - unexplained weight loss, loss of appetite, irritability (more than usual), etc. He also got cellulitis on his legs about 2 years ago and ended up going to the hospital for 6 month for physical therapy. When his legs finally had healed I made him promise to see a doctor if he got those "blisters" on his legs again. He said he would becuase he didn't want to go thru that P.T. again. But he did get the cellulitis again and he WOULD NOT go to the doctor - thought he could treat it at home. Well, the one litte thing he didn't think of (or wouldn't listen to from my mom) was that the first time he had to take 2 rounds of antibiotics as cellulitis is caused by a bacteria. The second time when he treated it at home, he never got those antibiotics. The cellulitis ended up turning into gangrene in one of his toes. To make a long story short, by the time he went to the doctor (I went up there and MADE him go), he got sent directly to the hospital, and the gangrene infection in his toe had by then spread into some other tissue in his foot, and into the bone. So they amputed the toe and bone leading up to it, but by then his kidneys started failing (they think due to the infection) and they never turned around after the surgery. Ultimate cause of death: Kidney Failure caused by osteomylitis caused by Diabetes Mellitus. Frown He died exactly one month after his birthday this year, on February 19. Still seems like yesterday.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.