Skip to main content

Reply to "ebay 500 pixel requirement-how do I do it ?"

Hi josephcook,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. If you are taking your images with a digital camera and most of them are not 500 px on the longest side, the easiest way to ensure that any future images you upload meet this new minimum size requirement will most likely be to adjust your digital camera settings to produce larger images.

By default, the maximum image dimensions your Auctiva account can support are 1280 px x 1024 px so, unless you would like your images to be smaller than that for some reason, I recommend updating your digital camera settings to produce images that are as close to that size as possible.

I recommend reviewing the instruction manual that came along with your digital camera or the help resources available on the manufacturer's website if you need specific instructions on how to adjust your settings in this manner.

If you have images in your Auctiva account which are less then 500 px on the longest side and you would like to enlarge them to ensure you do not encounter issues when you use them in the future, you can potentially resize them using the “Edit” option on your Image Management page.

However, it is only possible to resize one image at a time from the Image Management page as well and increasing the dimensions of an image (as opposed to taking a new, larger version) is likely to have an adverse impact on the quality of the image.

Finally, if you need to update the Gallery images in any of your active eBay listings which do not meet this new requirement, you would need to go to the eBay Revise your Item form for each item and upload new, larger copies of the images in question using the “Bring your item to life with pictures” section.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.