Skip to main content

Reply to "ebay 500 pixel requirement-how do I do it ?"

John,

I am only able to reliably view the image properties of eBay Gallery images in listings which do not have the "zoom" feature, but you should be able to confirm whether the images in the items you have relisted meet eBay's new image requirements by going to the eBay Revise your Item form for each and looking in the "Add Photos" section.

If any of your Gallery images do not meet the minimum requirements, you should see a message above your images which says "__ of your photos must meet our quality requirements. For details, click the photo marked with an orange warning flag." and there should be an orange flag in the upper right corner of each image which does not comply.

You also might want to check out the tool I referred to in my reply to clh above.

If you are using your eBay Gallery Images in the description as well, you should also be able to confirm that they are compliant during the process of relisting each item using the “Edit and Relist” tool by viewing the preview of the listing, clicking one of the images in the description to get to the supersized image page and then viewing the properties of each image from there.

The versions of each image that are displayed on the supersized image page are the ones that are submitted to eBay for use in the Gallery so, if those are compliant with eBay's new image size requirements, the copies that end up being used as the Gallery Images should be compliant as well.

If you find that the Gallery Images in any of the items you have relisted in this manner still are not compliant and you are not sure why, please file a support case from the “Help” tab within your account which contains a couple specific examples and we will be happy to look further into what may have gone wrong.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.