Skip to main content

Reply to ""eBay Convicted in Counterfeit Case"

Ebay should in no way be responsible, and like the person who posted before this, there is no way a company can police every single auction, and there are probably thousands of auctions which would be totally impossible. It's just not fair to hold ebay responsible for the wrongs of the sellers. With that said, sellers shouldn't be buying from manufacturers who sell fake items. Any items that I see from dealers that say anything like, "popular-name-lookalike" and it's in bulk for resale, I don't even think about buying it because I believe those "popular-name-lookalike" items could be things that are being passed around as the fakes, and probably even if you state that it's simply a look-a-like, it's most likely wrong. (I don't know that for certain, but I wouldn't ever take a chance). Even buying or selling items that say 'anything remotely similar' to "lookalike" in the subject line of auctions is probably not a great idea either. I may not sell as much as most other sellers, but I'd rather sell items that people know they can trust. I think one of the best ways to have repeat customers is loyalty in every respect. If you plan on staying on ebay for a long, long time, you'll want to do what's always right.
Last edited by wjs
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.