Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay does it again - HUGE fee increase"

Hello everyone. I started my eBay business in June of last year. Mainly because it was faster than starting your own eCommerce site. So I accepted with all my heart all the fees that eBay had for their sellers. Yes, even PayPal. I figured when it was all said and done it would wash out and I'd still make a profit.

Well I just finished my taxes and yes.. I did make a profit. However... I looked at all the fees eBay/PayPal took and I have to say.. wow.. nice. I'm in the wrong business.

I guess the 5.25% to 8.75% FVF increase has me very concerened and with my eBay store going up from 10% to 12% and them getting rid of Fixed Price Listings in the .01-.99 range.. hmmmm a lot of stuff to be concerned about.

Buyers can only receive Positive Feedback. Well I knew this was coming. Didn't you all in the back of your mind? You see there is this thing in this country, and perhaps the world now.. it is a philosophy created by greed and the bottom line.. the philosophy states, "The Customer is ALWAYS Right". Perhaps the most asinine statement ever in my opinion. Well eBay is fully embracing it and gambling that the majority of its sellers will just bow to its power and go along with it and business as usual. They say its to protect the buyers and make them less afraid to buy stuff... MY GOD please. Stop treating buyers like they are babies and DEMAND that they act as professional as you are and you will raise the bar of communication and respect.

For one I will not bow to eBay and will not be intimidated by any buyer. I run my business my way. Respect your customers, give them the service they expect, but demand respect as well.

For one, I think I have decided that as of Feb. 20th, 2008, my company will no longer leave feedback to buyers...period. In protest to eBay. I will clearly state this in all my auctions at the top.

Hopefully, this will encourage the buyers to protest eBay with us. Surely they can not stand the wave of sellers and buyers complaining about it? or can they? Muwahahaha....

At any rate... I do hope an alternative to eBay comes... I'm looking for it.. and yes I know I can start my own eCommerce website.. but I'm not ready for that yet.

The one thing eBay will do with this new policy... you will see a lot less .99 cent listings of items with $24.99 S&H lmao.. those 'sellers' are going to have to rethink their business.

As for the rest of us.. we'll have to remain as smart as we are and kick in our creative side a bit.

I can' wait to share ideas.

What do you all think of my 'protest' idea listed above about feedback?
Last edited by rockbottomgalaxy
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.