Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay does it again - HUGE fee increase"

My Ebay opinion.

Ebay is a smart company. They need to make money to be in business and they will do what that takes. In the meantime they have to assess what kinds of things they have done historically to bring the price of products sold to such low levels of pricing. I said it all along Ebay became Cheap Bay. You could buy some of my stuff cheaper there, than on my website.

I think Ebay is in the process of pricing foolish Ebay sellers out of the market. They do not want anymore .99 auctions. They do not want anymore items being sold at such cheap prices. Serves no one in the money making process. Example: Before the lastes round of news, with meg, and price changes, I looked at my business plan and decided to make changes. The number one change is I cannot keep selling my items for the same price. So I started raising them up here and there. The outcome is my gross is slowly increasing because of a number of factors. My competition cannot afford to maintain their inventory load and I'm still selling to new buyers that are buying from other sellers to get a higher feedback. One note though is this. Ebay is beginning to screen its sellers through all the new changes to give them preferential leads to making more money through increased exposure.

Many of you serious sellers should have started work on your websites when Ebay had made changes the last time. I still use Ebay to farm new customers to my website. My average sale on my website is 58.00 per invoice. On ebay its about 12.00 and my gross on Ebay is very low compared to what I used to make. Part of Ebays fee raising is also because many sellers did diversify just like I did and Ebay themselves did to keep up their income.

Learn to roll with the punches and not cast aspersions on any of your seller venues.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.