Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay does it again - HUGE fee increase"

quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
What's the point? Do you think this is the first time there has been a rate increase or some other thing that upset sellers? I've been selling 11 years on eBay, and believe me, it isn't.

I've been selling 11 also. 10 under this ID and 11 under another ID. I've been selling as long as Daddyo and you. (giving ya'll a nod)

Every year there are the same rants and threats from sellers. Sellers leave for a week or month or even past summer. But then the months go by and the fall and winter heavy selling period comes and sellers come back.

JeffS and DaddyO, I believe this is far different than any other year fee changes due to the addition of changes to FB and more.
The feedback is a major kicker to sellers.

My prediction is: Amazon is going to have migration this year in higher numbers.

My advice: Get your website up and running. Tie it to an ECrater Store or BISI Store or BluJay etc where listing is free. Divert your customers via link in your email signature to your website. Offer coupons to return customer purchases from your website.

On your own website you can at least accept Google Checkout which fee's are less than PP. Or you're own merchant account.

The rants will continue, the protests will happen and the cycle will continue next year when they do the same thing.

Gosh, I miss the old days of eBay when it was easy to sell everything. Sometimes even without pics. <sigh>
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.