Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay does it again - HUGE fee increase"

Thanks for the nod again Southernjewel.
I had gotten my first computer in 98. I didn't know how to turn it on. So I pushed the big button. From there it was a process of learning about smart computer usage. I had every intention of turning it into a money generating machine the day I bought it. While most scramble around the net picking up fleas, I control a world of my making, just like a few others on here. Giving a nod to Southernjewel also.

Just like the world wide web (www.) is one big linking system. Your business world needs to be the same thing.

It doesn't really matter how outrageous Ebay gets, they will eventually price themselves out of the market. Maybe even make a few people happy with a crash out. But even though Ebay is currently my highest priced venue, it is still in second place behind my retail website. I have 2 retail websites and 1 wholesale website. I sell on amazon and my gross there went up substantially this year. I also sell on ecrater. some of the money dribbles in some comes in rapidly as in my retail website.

I recently as of last fall developed a new user identity on ebay. I come across a lot of collectible and antique items of interest and tried selling this kind of thing for a little over a month. Without much effort, I brought in about $300 per month easily.

In finality, I cannot fault Ebay because they taught me how to build a webpage and the realization that I can have linked webpages all over the internet. Currently I have about 700 pages on the www. advertising items for sale. These in turn generate hits that translate into sales and seller identity.

Hopefully everyone finds the workarounds they need to deal with Ebay and find some solace in their money making endevours.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.