Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay does it again - HUGE fee increase"

eCrater.com is free to list your items and you can accept Google Checkout as your payment option instead of PayPal which is owned by eBay. eCrater also posts your items in the shopping area of Google which is, again, free.

To accept Google Checkout payments, all you have to do is set up a merchant account. There's no monthly fee and their transaction fees are better than PayPal.

To be honest, I don't know why people refuse to pull lock, stock and barrel out of eBay. Every 6 months it's the same thing, higher fees, screwing the sellers, etc. when the sellers are the ones who pay those idiot executives' salaries.

Just stop complaining about it and do something about it. I quit selling on eBay 2 years ago and while I don't sell the same number of things, my profits are much higher because I don't have all those fees. And you also don't have all the whiny people complaining about every little nit-picky thing.

Tell ya what, anyone who wants to set up their own ecommerce store, let me know. All it takes is Google Checkout and a website capable of running osCommerce (you can get one of those for about $5 a month). I'll charge you $500 (one time setup fee) to set up the store and show you how to insert the items into it. Basically, if you know how to use Microsoft Word, you can write your descriptions, insert pictures, etc. How many of you folks are shelling out $500 a month to greedBay?

Or, like I said, have a look at eCrater.com. Free service, just a little more limited than osCommerce.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.