Skip to main content

Reply to ""eBay Fails to Wow Wall Street""

I agree. Ebay can put their spin on why things are down as much as they want. However most all of us that sell on ebay know many of the changes have caused sellers to leave. Most of those sellers were also buyers. Best match is anything but a best match. If I have trouble finding my own items using it how can a buyer be expected to.

In addition even good sellers like myself find it frustrating to constantly be told what to do, how to run your business, that your shipping is too high etc. Ebay seems so negative with everything they do when it comes to "improving". Even when you are doing really well and have high DSR's you are only told you are Good. Not great, not Fantastic - just good. Drop too low and all the sudden you see huge red lines - told you are bad, etc. While I understand ebay wants people to improve when they get to a certain level I don't think telling people they are fair or poor is a good way to motivate people. A little positive reinforcement from ebay would probably be a much better way to handle things.

Think about it - when your child brings home a low grade in English do you constantly remind them they are doing poor. No, most people would tell them positive things, tell them they can improve - and show them how they can improve. Instead ebay just "yells" at you, telling you you are just fair or poor - then hides all the scores so you never know what's causing the problems.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.